Change

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Facebook | Sheri Schoonover: "So I'll let my words be few."

Facebook Sheri Schoonover: "So I'll let my words be few.":
"Matthew 12:36 NIV But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.

I had to let God do a work in me to get past this sticky part of my life. For all of my life I had spoken careless words more than I spoke soft kind words. If you snapped at me more often than not I snapped at you. I cussed like a sailor...actually worse. But once I was born again, I automatically did not do this as much, and what was left in me, God went to work on. I am fallible so I will make mistakes still...but that is not my nature any longer.


The words we speak should be edifying.
Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

And because of the above, and how hard it is to control the tongue, we should let our words be few.

Ecclesiastes 5:2 (New International Version)

2 Do not be quick with your mouth,
do not be hasty in your heart
to utter anything before God.
God is in heaven
and you are on earth,
so let your words be few."

*Continues on with part two

No comments:

Post a Comment