Change

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Are we there yet? 8/30

Today we are just a couple days away from moving day(s).  Of course I am excited! I have my optimistic eyes on and I have already said we can be moved out of this place and in to our new place in a day!  We have done it before...and may have been able to do it last move...but Dylan was playing in the yard and fell into/onto a adult sized walking stick.  I, 8 months pregnant, fell running to tend to him.  We ended up in the ER, BUT...we both were just banged up, Praise God!....
This time it will all go smoothly!

So on a learning note...This past weekend I went to yard sales with my mom and sister.  I decided not to purchase a bath seat for Maddie because it was 10.00, then I spent over 10.00 on books and clothes...still a good buy and still of great use, BUT the bath seat is more important.  So the lesson I learned is this...although some things may be only 25 cents here and there that adds up, and if I had just bought what was more needed chances are I would  have been happier about my purchases at the end of the day. The old proverb  " A penny saved is a penny earned." I get it now.  
I have cut out almost all "extras" we are down to the internet and a prepaid cell phone.    Which is an UP to me.  I cannot stand the cell phone but I keep it for the times when I should call and say I will be late, or see if someone is home before a trip out, roadside emergencies etc.  The internet, to me is too valuable, on line bill pay, on line banking, searches for recipes, Doug and my Bible study and most recently a women's Bible Study coming up, etc.  But even with all of this , I still make wrong choices, or become forgetful and miss cooking a meal ahead of time and there is nothing prepared for Doug to take to work and he eats out.  He makes wise choices about his meals using coupons or ordering a "deal"....but that is still 5-7 dollars we could have saved or used on a bill.  It is hard not to get bummed out over these things, I try to keep my head up and not beat myself up.  I am learning so it is not a total loss, and I rather learn now then pay dearly later.  

I am still working on making a meal planner so I can shop for groceries more wisely.  Not cool when you get home from shopping and realize you have lots of "half meals".

I am still facing some trials in the "woe is me" category.   I clean the house and turn around to see lots of mini "Dylan disasters" Then I clean the house and have to cook and then leave the stinky apartment to breathe fresh air and the kitchen backs up the laundry falls behind etc.  I love being a house wife/mother and I enjoy all the housework...when it is appreciated.  I often wonder what the others would think if I went behind them and undid what they had done or moved their tools/toys for their jobs/playing.  Then I get out of that stinkin thinkin and back to pressing onward.  All my silence and all my prayers will not be in vain.  I know that even if it is not shown outwardly, I am appreciated and God sees my efforts and He knows my heart..."He knows my heart", I keep saying this when I fall short...short of my goals toward being more Christ like and achieving what I believe He wants me to achieve. We all fall short of Glory of God, I know this and I am not on a mission to become divine, I only want to do what is His will for me, and I know being a Proverbs 31 wife and mother is His will.  So to end today's blog I will paste below Proverbs 31 and I will probably hit on all the lines in future blogs.
Proverbs  31(NLT)(copied from biblegateway.com)
The Sayings of King Lemuel
 1 The sayings of King Lemuel contain this message, which his mother taught him.
A Wife of Noble Character
 10 [b]Who can find a virtuous and capable wife?
      She is more precious than rubies.
 11 Her husband can trust her,
      and she will greatly enrich his life.
 12 She brings him good, not harm,
      all the days of her life.
 13 She finds wool and flax
      and busily spins it.
 14 She is like a merchant’s ship,
      bringing her food from afar.
 15 She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household
      and plan the day’s work for her servant girls.

 16 She goes to inspect a field and buys it;
      with her earnings she plants a vineyard.
 17 She is energetic and strong,
      a hard worker.
 18 She makes sure her dealings are profitable;
      her lamp burns late into the night.

 19 Her hands are busy spinning thread,
      her fingers twisting fiber.
 20 She extends a helping hand to the poor
      and opens her arms to the needy.
 21 She has no fear of winter for her household,
      for everyone has warm[c] clothes.

 22 She makes her own bedspreads.
      She dresses in fine linen and purple gowns.
 23 Her husband is well known at the city gates,
      where he sits with the other civic leaders.
 24 She makes belted linen garments
      and sashes to sell to the merchants.

 25 She is clothed with strength and dignity,
      and she laughs without fear of the future.
 26 When she speaks, her words are wise,
      and she gives instructions with kindness.
 27 She carefully watches everything in her household
      and suffers nothing from laziness.

 28 Her children stand and bless her.
      Her husband praises her:
 29 “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world,
      but you surpass them all!”

 30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last;
      but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.
 31 Reward her for all she has done.
      Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.




No comments:

Post a Comment